A Quick Tour of Events Manager
Remember that we have created a number of events already in your website which you can edit to get up and running quickly. Use these tutorials if you wish to get a complete understanding of the Events Manager
Events Manager creates new content and functionality, which you’ll find in two main places::
- The Pages Admin Screen
- The WordPress Navigation Menu
Let’s take a look at both of these:
The Pages Admin Screen
Events Manager creates four new pages. These are:
- Events – contains the list of upcoming events along with a search form.
- Categories – displays a list of event categories.
- Locations – displays a list of locations.
- My Bookings – displays a user’s booking history and their cancellation options.
You can reassign these pages or disable them by navigation to Events > Settings and visiting the Pages tab.
The next section you will notice is the Events item added to your WordPress navigation. This is where you will create and manage your events, adjust your settings, and, if you’re a Pro user, add payment gateways and manage coupons.
Let’s take a brief look at the menu items:
- Events – the admin screen for your events.
- Add Event – use to add a new event.
- Event Tag – manage your event tags. Use tags to organise your events.
- Event Categories – manage your event categories. Use categories to organise and categorise your events.
- Locations – add locations and maps which can be attached to your events.
- Recurring Events – use for creating repeating events.
- Bookings – manage your bookings. If you’re a Pro user you’ll also be able to manage your transactions.
- Settings – all the settings you need to manage the Events Manager plugin.
- Help – find links to help and a list of event-related placeholders which can be used for customizing events.
- Forms Editor (Pro level only) – create custom booking forms for your events..
- Payment Gateways (Pro level only) – configure payment gateways. In addition to offline payments, Events Manager currently supports PayPal and Authorize.net.
- Coupons Manager (Pro level only) – create coupons to offer discounts and reductions on events.
The Pages Admin Screen
Now that you know your way around the plugin, let’s create your first event.. Navigate to Events > Add Event.
Give your event a name.
Input the date and time of the event.
Add a location for your event. If your event is online, or doesn’t have a location, select the “The event does not have a physical location” box.
If you do have a physical location input the address. When you add your information a Google Map will automatically appear displaying the information.
Once you have used a location you can quickly add it by typing its name into the “Location name” field. You can adjust this behaviour at Settings > General Settings.
Decide whether you want to enable ticketing. If you do, select “enable registration for this event.
Your event is ready to go!